!! We are Open !!
We are delighted that zoos across England were allowed to re-open from Monday June 15th.
Work had been going on at the Park over the past few weeks, to extend the measures we had already implemented prior to closure back in March, to make sure we were ready to open on 15th June, and to ensure that your visit is as enjoyable and as safe as possible.
EVERYONE must buy a ticket on-line
including tickets priced at £0.00 for all children aged 3 or less, AND all season ticket holders. The tabs above and to the left will take you to our DigiTicket web page.
Tickets are limited in number each day, so that we can ensure that the Park does not become over-crowded and make sure that social distancing is possible. Over one and a quarter kilometres of hard paths and acres of mown grass lawns will give ample space to spread out and enjoy the countryside and our wonderful animals.
Public tickets will be available from Thursday 18th June.
* Please note that a fee of £1 per ticket will be added to all purchases at checkout. This charge is made by the companies which provide the payment and ticket systems, and are their averaged fee. This charge applies to all tickets including zero priced ones for toddlers and for season-ticket holders. The charge is not made by the Park, is passed on at cost and is the price we must pay for the new system. We hope that it will be acceptable to everyone.
* Because our numbers are limited and not everyone who wants to visit will be able to buy a ticket, we cannot offer any refunds on tickets for any reason. Tickets are only valid for the date chosen. Please do not proceed through the checkout if you do not accept this, or if you our anyone in your household is ill.
* Please do not visit the Park if you or anyone in your household is/are unwell, it is not fair to our staff and our other visitors.
* A visit to the Park will be a little different, and our regular visitors will notice some changes.
* Entry times have changed a little - we will now be open from 10.30am to 5pm - to give our keepers chance to get around before and after visitors arrive.
* Some of our animal houses will be closed on Government instructions. Initially, these will include the Wombats and Outback Aviary and the Malayan Tiger viewing tunnel. Our domestic animals are all on show, but they are now walk-past instead of walk-though, and the feed machines are not in use.
* A one-way system has been introduced around the Parks one and a quarter kilometres of hard paths. We hope the signage is simple and easy to follow, so please do so. There is no time restriction on your visit and your are free to do as many circuits as you like.
* It is a strict condition of entry that Government advice for social distancing is followed at all times, in queues and around the Park.
* Hand-sanitising points have been installed at regular intervals around the site. Please use them sensibly.
Our Coffee-Shop is Open.
It is providing our normal range of food, drink and ice-cream on a take-out basis.
Please make your selection from the menus outside and chose one person to order for your group. Currently, we have no tables inside or adjacent to the Coffee-Shop, as it a requirement that you must take the food away before you eat it.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic, but please note you will have to eat it off the ground, as we have been required to remove the picnic benches.
We are very sorry, and understand that this is inconvenient,
but it is Government policy and not something the Park has any control over.
* A food pick-up point has been installed in the Play Area, which is closed with the equipment fenced off. Similarly the Train will not be running initially. All outstanding tickets for it will be honoured when the service resumes.
* Public toilets are cleaned regularly and are open on a one (group) in, one out, basis. Social distance queue lines are clearly displayed.
* Our small Gift-Shop gives clear lines of sight and will be open on a strict one-group-in, one-group-out basis.
This is the first phase of our planned re-opening, and we will post here and on social media any changes as soon as we can, and look forward to seeing you all soon!
Up-Date - 24 June.
As announced by Government yesterday, from July 4th our animal houses, walk-throughs, Outback Aviary and out-door play area will all be re-opening in phases, and we hope that our train will be able to run too. Our opening times are now extended to 10am till 5pm.