We are just over a week away from the proposed relaxation of most Covid measures, at a time when cases are rising exponentially.
Even if the logic of this situation is lost on many, we are not in a position to influence the policy makers - and are left to deal with the situation ourselves, pretty much as we have been all the way through this.
In practice, we expect that there will be no real change on 19th July onwards.
* Although we are now able to offer un-booked walk-in entry, if we have not reached site capacity - we would ask that our visitors continue to book on-line, exactly as they are already doing. This guarantees entry and simplifies and speeds up the process, which is best for everyone.
* As it is 30 Acres in size with a mile of tarmac paths, the Park has plenty of outdoor space, and plenty of paths to allow social distancing outdoors to continue as it has for the last year, so we would ask that for the well-being of yourselves, other visitors, our staff and our animals, that you continue to respect this.
* Our Coffee-Shop and Kiosk will continue to serve food and drinks for consumption outdoors, as they have since re-opening back in April - but now with a widened menu including chips, and sweet stick-waffles for the first time.
* We would ask that you continue to limit the number of your party entering the shops, and that everyone doing so respects others (be they visitors or our staff) by wearing face-coverings in the shops at ALL times .
* Our Road-Train will be running from 19th July, initially on its original route, but from the first full week of the holidays (Monday 26th July) on a brand-new track away from public foot-paths. The open-sided carriages allow groups to face away from each other, ideal for maintaining social distancing - and please allow the driver to operate the doors, to minimise contact.
* Hand-sanitiser points will remain in place around the Park; but our initially very popular one-way system could eventually be removed. We cannot predict any possible changes is peoples behaviour, so continuously monitor what is happening.
* Due to the hugely increased number of season ticket holders since Covid hit, pre-booking a visit remains a requirement for all holders, and we expect that this will remain so going forward: and become a formal requirement of the ticket purchase/use process.
As always our systems are under continuous review, and any future changes to the above will be posted as they happen.